PGen2 Change Log
1. Fixed a bug whereby the “Offences” list in the “Offences” form wasn’t being populated.
Web Help Button
1. Clicking the “WebHelp” button will take you to the on-line help desk where you can report faults, issues or make suggestions for future versions.
- Fixed a bug where some forms would open larger than the screen so the close and exit buttons couldn’t be accessed.
- Fixed a bug where trying to upload a test resulted in an authentication error.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Installation and data folders
- Option to install Pgen2 for all users or just the current user when initially installing Pgen2.
- Option to transfer the existing Pgen2 data folder from “ProgramData” folder to the users Roaming data file (See Pgen2 data folder section below).
Pgen2 data folder
- The Pgen2 data folder which is normally stored in the Windows “ProgramData” folder and now be automatically moved to the users “Appdata” folder on program startup. Although hidden by default, the data in the “ProgramData” folder is accessible to anyone using that PC. The “AppData” folder is accessible only to currently logged in user, this folder is also hidden by default.
Printing from Forms
- Where it is possible to print from a form, i.e. if it has a print button the document will now be opened and formatted in WordPad, this is a basic word processor that has been included with almost all versions of Microsoft Windows from Windows 95 onwards, the print dialogue will automatically be displayed.
- All forms should now fit in the screen boundaries.
- Improvements to the user interface on some forms.
- Added a "Date of Offence" field to the punishment slip.
- Fixed bug where the punishment number would not increment.
- Some minor cosmetic changes to the Punishment Slip GUI
- The punishment number column in the database now sorts correctly when the "Pun No" button is pressed at the top of the column.
- Made slight changes to the Database form interface.
- Fixed bug where punishment items were all checked after editing, now preserves user selection.
- Tests are now show on their own without the clutter of the setup page, the logo, statistics bar and clock are all that are shown during the test and these can be removed before the test starts.
- Test papers and answers can now be printed (opens in WordPad).
- Major changes to the Test Paper UI to incorporate additional features.
Punishment Tracking Chart
- Monthly Punishments can be tracked in the Punishment Tracking Chart.
- It is now possible to update Punishments as administered from the preview form when managing punishments.
- Resolved the issue of the target and the implement being selected at the same time (e.g. Hand, Hand).
Extra Options Added to the Four Punishment Modules.
- PGen2 can now select the Location and time of the punishment as well as if the punishment will be carried out in private or public.
- Extra Punishments can be selected by the Punishment Generator (this is in addition to extra sanctions).
- Whether the punishment is carried out in the presence of witnesses can also be selected.
- These settings are configurable, so you can input and delete your own settings as with the other punishment settings.
- Improvements to the search interface.
- It’s now possible to restore temporary databases if they haven't been deleted.
- A Punishment slip can now be generated for any punishment in the database.
- Automatically updates old databases to incorporate the extra fields for Location, Privacy, etc... (this may take some time if the database is very big).
- Added a button to show all drives connected to the user’s PC.
- Directories are now shown in a table.
- All connected drives (including network drives) can be shown in a table.